In the past a company was able to protect its brand and reputation through one-way communication. Now, more and more stakeholders own the brand and shape it by what they think. The term ‘stakeholder’ has also changed. Every person who touches your brand is a potential or existing stakeholder. Your stakeholders include customers, suppliers, employees, and any member of the public who has a social media account. How brands are built has changed significantly. Which is why we take a different approach.
What’s Enterprise Branding?
Brand is no longer Marketing’s responsibility, it’s everyone’s. Like Enterprise Change, where the entire organisation is responsible for implementing the change, it’s the same for Enterprise Branding. Enterprise branding makes sure that your brand is delivered across your entire organisation, inside and out.
The key differences between Corporate and Enterprise Branding
- Corporate Branding is about developing the brand identity and bringing it to life. Enterprise branding is about embedding the brand into the culture, and culture into the brand.
- Corporate Branding is a tool for self-promotion. Enterprise Branding is a tool for brand-fulfillment.
- Corporate Branding looks at your position in the marketplace. Enterprise Branding takes a holistic perspective of your entire organisation, inside and out.
- Corporate Branding focuses on customers (and sometimes considers your employees). Enterprise Branding considers every person who touches your brand as a potential or existing stakeholder.
- Corporate Branding is often delivered as a short-term project. Enterprise Branding is far deeper and longer-lasting. It involves reaching into the deepest layers of a company’s reason for being and using that as the focus for every aspect of the organisation.
take your brand further
Consider every interaction, project, initiative or BAU activity, as an opportunity to build your brand. Everything you do, within and outside of your organisation, should represent your brand at its best. Only then will your brand-aligned organisation become your greatest competitive advantage.
Do you integrate your brand into every aspect of your business? It’s worth thinking about.